Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:14:32 -0800
> Most JT65 activity is relatively low power - typically between 10 and
> 50 watts on HF.

Yes, but if I were trying to work a difficult path like EU on 160M from
here in W6, I would be running as much power as I thought my power amp
could safely handle for the 50 second keydown cycle -- (probably about
500W).

Thor's very informative post about the far more limited spectrum on 160M
in his country was also quite helpful, and it helped a lot in
understanding his concerns. This is the sort of information that I'd
love to see collected for ALL countries on a website.  I'd be happy to
post it on mine if someone were to collect it.

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK