Re: Topband: digital on 1838 +/-

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: digital on 1838 +/-
From: kr7o@vhfdx.com
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:51:37 -0800
Hope not to get off topic for TB.  The primary reason there is no digital
at the bottom end of 6 meters is that it is not legal in the
US.  50.000-50.100 is CW only.  I am sure there would be a huge outcry if
it was legal down there.

I operate JT65 on VHF EME but, (aside from some tests back in 2006) I have
avoided it on 160m because it did not seem to be welcomed and no DX seemed
willing to try.  Will mostly stick to CW unless there ends up being a
strong consensus on where JT/digital should be on 160.

At 10:59 PM 12/30/2011 -0500, n4is wrote:

> [...]

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
kr7o@vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)
Looking for old VHF QSL cards and logbooks.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK