Re: Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 06:32:00 -0500
Unfortunately, VE1ZZ has a terrible signal with key clicks out to over1kHz
from his carrier frequency. Perhaps the other chap had a signal he was
trying to copy wiped out by ZZ and decided to get even.

73, Roger

On 1/20/2012 10:01 PM, wa3mej@comcast.net wrote:

> I have been a ham for almost 46 years now and having been on 160 off an on
> for much of that time. Tonight I saw something that I had not really seen on
> 160 and kinda ticked me off big time; some idiot intentiionally trying to jam
> VE1ZZ while he was trying to work a DX station that I didnt even hear (I'M
> Jealous obviously).  This kind of thing happens a lot on 80 what with all the
> idiots directly challenging the FCC and all but I have not really run into it
> on the gentlemens band.  Everyone is for the most part so pleasant on this
> band.  I mean if why not just turn it into a contest for who can work the
> station first?  but to intentionally be a spoiler for another station just
> doesnt cut it.
>

> It would be nice to find this joker and poke pins in his coax.  Whats the
> saying " I'm mad as hell and not going to put up with this"  ???
>

> Jim WA3MEJ
>

> P.S.  VE1ZZ  hope you got the contact anyhow.

Remember the Liberty (AGTR-5)
http://www.usslibertyveterans.org/
http://www.gtr5.com/

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK