Re: Topband: My First DX

To: "Jerry Keller \(K3BZ\)" <k3bz@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: My First DX
From: "Jim F." <j_fitton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:03:47 -0800 (PST)
Jerry,
Yes it is indeed addictive.  The other morning I called NH7O in HI and he came
back.
and I am still on an amazing high.

You never know.

I was running a K1 at 5 watts CW with a clandestine wire in the woods
from my condo here in NH, and almost fell over.  The addiction began here :-)

An old(er) timer once said to drink lots of water before going to bed
as an aid to waking up often during the night.

I don't need any extra water to get up often at my age, and this 160m
compulsion may be ruining my health.  And not only that, I almost wore
out my old keyboard checking LOTW so often until the KH7O QSL arrived.

I am now winding this huge toroid transformer and wondering how to plant
an FCP discretely in the woods in back of the condo.  Total madness.

The excitement is building !

Congratulations and good luck !

jim / W1FMR