Re: Topband: My First DX

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: My First DX
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:26:35 -0500 (EST)
Topband,   addictive?

By far my most memorable QSO was my first topband DX: a QSO through the LORAN
QRM with Armin DL1FF from my college station W1KMV in 1965 using a Viking
Valiant, a Hallicrafters SX-101 and an 80 meter dipole with the feedline center
conductor and shield shorted together.

Hmm...  I wonder if I remembered to set that Valiant to 50 watts DC input
power, the nighttime power limit in 1965?

Last night I had another memorable QSO, but much easier than that first QSO:
TN2T for Topband DXCC #300.

73
Frank
W3LPL