Re: Topband: Caged Inv-L - Pros and Cons ?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Caged Inv-L - Pros and Cons ?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 20:34:30 -0800
On 1/24/2012 6:29 PM, Dan Bookwalter wrote:
> I am considering modifying my Inverted L such that the vertical part (~ 70
> ft) is a cage of say 4 wires , purely for bandwidth. Besides BW any Pro's and
> or Con's to this idea ?

I'm using two #10 stranded copper wires, spaced roughly 6 inches using
some old insulators I bought at hamfests as spacers.  It roughly doubles
the SWR bandwidth. The only downsides are more wind load and greater
visibility. I would expect four wires to be roughly twice as much of all
three. :)

Expect a small difference in the tuning (resonance).

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK