Re: Topband: Caged Inv-L - Pros and Cons ?

To: "Victor A. Kean, Jr." <vkean@k1lt.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Caged Inv-L - Pros and Cons ?
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:08:57 -0500
Id expect the lower RF resistance of 2X more wire would help also.
My only cage experience were a pair of 1/4 wave verticals for 80 that were
also fed as half waves on 40 at a prior QTH here in the same town. The cage
was 6 #12 wires 12" in diameter; 2:1 BW was almost 400KHz on 80 and
resonance in about the middle was reduced to 59'. The radials were about 60
each in the 40-70' range and performance was sufficient to take 2nd place NA
80M in an ARRL CW DX contest in the 80's. The next or following year it was
first place all bands and 160 was the 90' shunt fed tower with the mesh for
the first 50'  mentioned before on here.

Carl
KM1H