Re: Topband: T Vertical feed

To: <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: T Vertical feed
From: Charles Moizeau <w2sh@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:10:20 -0500
Guy,

Your text is very instructive.  I hope I'm not the only follower of this thread
who up until now thought that the shield of the coax feedline was acquiring
undesired current by capacitive coupling to the other radials.  So I therefore
assumed that keeping the feedline away from the radials, either by digging it
deeper or routing it far away laterally from the radials, would mitigate such a
problem.

I hope I'm now properly understanding that the the coax feedline's shield is
hogging a huge proportion of total earth current by virtue of its (much) lower
resistance compared to the total resistance of all the radials even though
those are all in parallel with each other.

Am I slowly getting on the right track here?

Charles, W2SH