Topband: FW: Proper Decorum On The "Gentleman's Band"...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FW: Proper Decorum On The "Gentleman's Band"...
From: "Terry Posey" <tposey@nettally.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 08:34:08 -0500
VE3CUI wrote in part:

"...Why is it that some obviously seasoned operators on the band repeatedly
ignore queries as to frequency occupancy, preferring instead to rudely
pounce upon unsuspecting callers in a manner that would surely convince
newcomers that the term "Gentleman's Band" is merely a quaint reference to a
bygone age...?"

HI Eddy -

Most likely it is not the "obviously seasoned operators" who are causing you
and all the rest of us grief on Top Band.  It is a repeating occurrence
during casual daily operation and guaranteed on any DXpedition frequency.
This morning on ZK2C was no exception.  These are blatant QRMers, not
ignorant lids.  I also believe there are at least three different recurring
offenders (predators?) that slither about 160m cw causing the tripe.  It is
up to other local Top Banders to identify these scoundrels amongst them.  In
the mean time, I use very narrow filters to avoid the QRM as much as
possible.

73, Terry K4RX

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK