Re: Topband: Radials help

To: herbs@vitelcom.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials help
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:43:29 -0500
Off top my head, it would seem the slant wire would work to create a
directional effect of one sort or other, depending on the specifics, but I
have no clue why the FCC dissed that one.  They usually attach some
technical explanation to rulings.  You have access to the specific
proceedings?  I could come up with a dozen speculations about it, but
that's all they'd be.

-- Guy.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net> wrote:

> On 2/10/2012 5:03 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
> > The 120 comes from the watershed 1937 Brown Lewis and Eppstein study now
> > found in the IEEE journals. There were distinct characteristics to 120
> > times 0.4 wl (actually 115) that improved results even vs. 60.
> >
> > That a deficient radial system on one side has any significant reduction
> in
> > that direction alone VS THE OTHER DIRECTIONS is a fairly well debunked
> > idea.  That the missing radials reduce radiation in all directions, due
> > diminished efficiency, is not disputed.
> >
> > 73, Guy.
> >
> Guy,
>
> What about the slant wire cause at least some directive component in the
> direction of the slant wire?
>

> Herb, KV4FZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK