Re: Topband: LOTW Participation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: LOTW Participation
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:32:04 -0500
>  It's easy enough to upload logs and take care of
>  the Ham on the other end who may not use "real" QSLs.

Thank you Julius.

I am known as a "dinosaur" to my friends. I do not readily adopt new
technologies and ways of doing things. But LoTW is my salvation, lest I leave
the hobby altogether. I upload 100% of QSOs to LoTW, whether I need a
confirmation or not. It may help the other guy! I wish more people would at
least upload to LoTW to help me.

I would *very* much like to have paper QSLs for all the DXCC entities I have
worked on 160, but that isn't going to happen. I finally realized too many
people were paying the cost for my efforts to try to keep up with the
paperwork. As a result, I depend on LoTW for confirmations now. When I work a
new one all I can do is hope my QSO partner will upload. To cut down incoming
requests I no longer call CQ or "run" stations. Generally I will only call
stations who are flagged by my spotting and logging software as LoTW users or
whom I strongly suspect will not be needing a paper QSL from me. In a contest I
only do S&P, skipping stations who are not flagged as LoTW users. I'm sorry,
but that is how it needs to be. I know of others who do the same, albeit for
different reasons.

73,
Paul N1BUG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK