Topband: Fw: Deterring Critters

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fw: Deterring Critters
From: "PTA_ABD" <wb2abd@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:07:40 -0400
I basically live in the woods, and we have all the perpetrators. The only cable
any critter ever chewed through was gray jacketed RG8x. I've never encountered
cable or wire damage on anything else, gray, black or otherwise. We do have
visiting coyotes and foxes, but they doesn't get 'em all. I did have the idea
of running cables through old garden hoses that people throw out on trash day,
but it hasn't been necessary.

I figure the stuff my wife plants is like a smorgasboard ... why bother with
cables when juicy hostas and garden vegetables are in abundance? We also have a
small salt lick ... maybe that's the ticket?

Paul WB2ABD
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK