Re: Topband: It is not so much propagation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: It is not so much propagation
From: tsmithers@cix.co.uk (Trevor Smithers)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:04 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
N7DF said
>Maybe we could get some low power 160 meter beacons operating through the
>summer to see what is really happening

WSPR has been doing exactly that for years - over the last 24hrs there were 15
US,
36 EU and 5 VK stations active on 160. Activity tends to drop off as the summer
progresses but there is generally a core of US/ EU/VK active most nights.

I've often thought that some of the big gun stations could really contribute to
160
propagation studies by utilising their antenna systems during the downtime
between
contests and especially during the summer.

Trevor  G0KTN

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK