Re: Topband: It is not so much propagation

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: It is not so much propagation
From: wb6rse1@mac.com
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:56:51 -0700
Quite an achievement JC and Doug.

Since Dec '99, my own stats are 196 DXCC from a 1/7 acre West Coast city lot or
1372 per acre. If I had room for 160m RX arrays, I know my total would be
higher by perhaps 25 or so. There are very few West of the Rockies that have
cracked that 200 plateau. Look at the number of countries in proximity to a QTH
within a 5000 mile radius and with NO aurora zone to deal with and you can see
why. Top Band is a very different animal out here. But then again, all is
relative.

73 - Steve WB6RSE

On Mar 19, 2012, at 1:27 PM, N4IS wrote:

> 4.  There is NO substitute for acreage.

Well, I need to disagree, I worked 257 new ones on 160m in the last 5 years
from my city lot in Ft Lauderdale using a pair of Waller Flags, one vertical
and another horizontal, however Doug NX4D worked #276 from 0.18 acre ( less
than 1/5 of acre) using his Waller Flag since 2003.

That's an incredible 1533 countries per acre !!

Regards
JCarlos
N4IS

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK