Re: Topband: Wellbrook receive loop performance

To: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wellbrook receive loop performance
From: joe <galicic@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:07:14 -0400
I am experimenting with a small one meter square loop.  It is 5 turns of
#14 wire with a one turn pickup loop.  Feeding the pickup loop directly
with 50 ohm coax.  Using air variable cap to resonate the 5 turn loop.
I have it setup in my basement on a tripod with small TV rotator and it
works amazingly well.  I can null stations about 3-4 S units with it and
it is about 4 S units (24 DB) quieter than my inverted L.  I also have a
short 140 foot BOG and the loop performs nearly the same with the added
ability null out noise sources.  I plan to move it outside and take some
more measurements.  I'm pretty impressed so far.  -Joe KB3KJS

On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 17:17 -0700, Jim WA9YSD wrote:
> How well does this antenna perform in a City environment like mine on top of
> a 50 foot tower?
>
> Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith. Jim K9TF/WA9YSD

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK