Re: Topband: Inverted L Question

To: Top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L Question
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:16:57 -0700 (PDT)
I have been playing with and reading about inverted L, and verticals Since
November 2011.  I had very little experience with them before that time.

I have the feed point mounded next to the tower where I could make measurements
and the sort. My feed point impedance with every thing grounded and measuring
against the tower ground and radial is 27 ohms. My 1:2 balun from Balun Design
was ordered and should be here today. :-)

If you want to add an 80M section to your inverted L,  Leave around 15 feet of
it going out in the opposite direction or add a trap, be careful and be
observant that the resonant point on 160M may change.  The key it to match the
impedance and let the tuner do the work to match the SWR.

What I have done was half way up I attached and insulator and a rope to it I
pulled it about 10 feet away from the tower.

If this does not work I will try to gamma match the tower.  I ran test using
the Reverse Beacon system and found out what devices and setups worked and do
not work.

My next trek is to Use the Reverse Beacon System again and compare some one
else's signal with mine at the same time and see how I compare.

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith. Jim K9TF/WA9YSD
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK