Re: Topband: Monopole Radiation Patterns, takeoff angles etc

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Monopole Radiation Patterns, takeoff angles etc
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 20:04:02 -0500
I'm pretty sure this surface wave at ~0 degrees elevation is useful on (and
below) the AM broadcast band (especially the lower portion) and 160 meters.

But what about at 3.5, 5, 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, and 28 MHz? That's what
I've been trying to figure out: exactly how useful is this radiation at
zero degrees on the different ham bands?

Based on my experiences --and what I've studied-- since 1976, I'm not sure
that it is.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Richard Fry <rfry@adams.net> wrote:

> Note in the link below that the value of the surface wave at 1 km at an
> elevation of 50 meters is about 110 uV/m ...
> http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/rfry-100/Space_Surface_Wave_Compare.gif
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK