Topband: staying up with the latest technology, receiver evaluation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: staying up with the latest technology, receiver evaluation
From: w7dra@juno.com
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 21:58:17 -0700
Barry Kirkwood's (ex ZL1DD, now XU7AEL) latest receiver acquisition from
Ken, W7EKD ended up in my storage shed. I have been interested in
possibly updating my  topband receiving capability and thought while it
was here waiting for shipment to give it an evaluation.

Upon careful observation I see a RIT function along with digitally
selectable band pass filtering, and less than a 10 watt power
consumption, making it feasible for portable field operation and
dxpiditions.

I don't know how many of the top performers have arguably one of the best
receivers ever built complementing their receiver stable.

Now if I can get my son to help me carry Barry's RAL-7 out to the 160
Meter Contest Station, I will give it a thorough evaluation this WPX.

Mike W7DRA
53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4fb87a038beb914a1cfest06vuc
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK