Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question

To: ZR <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 10:01:38 -0400
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM, ZR <zr@jeremy.mv.com> wrote:

> It could be possible that the commercial transformers are providing a "suck
> out" . Try tuning well on both sides of 40M and see if this is a gradual or
> sudden thing.

Beat me to the punch.  Too long together with transformer particulars can
easily produce an unfortunate resonance effect that only appears in one
direction in this configuration.  Devil in the details.  I'm sure that
there are lesser occurrences of this that go unnoticed because the overall
system is adjusted to deal with significant loss in the first place, and it
simply doesn't matter.

73, Guy.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK