Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:30:20 -0400
On 5/22/2012 12:47 PM, Mike Waters wrote:
> I don't think the length is the reason that you're not hearing any signals
> or noise in the reverse direction. How well does it work on 40 in the
> forward direction?

I works extremely well on 40 meters in the forward direction in fact I
was using it to work 706T on 40 SSB and it completely nulled out all the
rouges and KC cops on the mainland that would have otherwise made copy
impossible.  So I beleive in using a 900 foot reverse  Beverage on 40
but wish I could get it to work in the reverse direction as well.  For
the reverse direction I have constructed a 600 foot single wire Beverage
about 50 feet away and it works fine.

Herb, KV4FZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK