Re: Topband: 2 Parallel Beverages

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 Parallel Beverages
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 12:36:56 -0400
Relays, switches,  control voltage, cable power insertions etc.  are all
sources of problems in some climates. With DC running into a remote box
I always find zillions of ants with their unusual defection all inside
sealed boxes.  Failure of DC switching has got to be higher than a
Beverage with a regular feed.  That is why the two wire Beverage with a
single feed point and two pieces of coax  going to the shack make
sense.  Running 1000 feet of RG6 out to the end of a Beverage just to
get a reverse direction is another source of problems.  Field rats here
in the former hay field I use require frequent replacement of RG-6.  I
personally prefer to keep things simple as possible as frequent walking
my 12 Beverages is reduced to six with a static two wire systems.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

On 5/23/2012 11:21 AM, Jeff Woods wrote:

>> If you terminate both ends though, isn't it easier just to use one wire and
>> relay switch between the feeder and termination R?
>> 73
>> John

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK