Re: Topband: Progress with ugly computer noise

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Progress with ugly computer noise
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 15:41:22 -0400
> According to the schematic on the side, it consists of 2 x 2.5
> mH indutors, one in series with each leg, a 2200 pF cap shunting the
> line input and 0.1uF capacitors from each leg to ground on the load
> side.

It's generally two inductors wound on a single core for common-mode choking.
The result is that total common-mode inductance is 2*L while
differential-mode inductance cancels and equals zero.  The 2200pF caps are
differential-mode shunts to ground.  Some of these modules can be purchased
with complex combinations of both common-mode and differential-mode
inductance and capacitance sections.   I use them for almost all home-brewed
projects that require an AC supply.

Paul, W9AC

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK