Topband: Small antenna book

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Small antenna book
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:02:02 -0400
While looking for something entirely different, I came across this. I wonder if anyone has this book?

Grant, KM5KG, is one of the most experienced broadcast engineers around.

http://www.km5kg.com/160meter.htm

Grant claims:
"A New Book from Grant Bingeman, KM5KG

112 pages 8.5 by 11 inches

This book presents 30 practical wire antenna designs that fit inside a 40 by 40 by 30 foot tall space, including the ground system. This report is specially written for the ham radio operator who lives on a typical quarter acre lot and has to maintain a practical budget.

E field radiation efficiencies of 75 percent are possible over a very limited ground system of 18 buried radial wires only 20 feet long."

On the surface this seems to agree with what I find. There are dozens of ways to have about the same results. I wonder what Grant has in the book?

73 Tom

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK