Re: Topband: The use of digital modes on 160 metres

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: The use of digital modes on 160 metres
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 23:02:06 -0700
On 9/15/2012 9:09 PM, wa3mej@comcast.net wrote:
we dont use amplifiers on digital modes

Not entirely true. Because I can hear much better than most guys running JT65, I typically run 200-400W on TopBand to get over the monstrous noise levels that have become all too common in cities and suburbs. NO3M (near Pittsburgh) and I can work on 160M any time with 10W, but I need 200W to get to most other guys on the east coast. You will also find that guys doing other weak signal work on 6M and 2M, including meteor scatter and moonbounce, run all the power they have available.

73, Jim K9YC (near San Francisco)
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK