Re: Topband: Fishing beacons redux

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fishing beacons redux
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 13:11:20 -0500
Tom is absolutely correct.

I believe this eHam thread discusses the pertinent rules and regulations
pertaining to us jamming of an illegal station on the ham bands:
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,84382.0.html

I don't make a practice of doing it, but I have seen CBers and illegal
stations vanish as soon as a ham started transmitting.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com> wrote:

> This comes up frequently when dealing with CB operators or pirates on ten
> meters. I'm not going to debate this here, but I suggest we look at the
> rules governing malicious or harmful interference. It is technically
> impossible to cause harmful interference to any station operating outside
> the law, because they are unauthorized and should not be there.
> Hollingsworth made this pretty clear on several occasions, and it is what
> the rules say.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK