Re: Topband: Monopole Elev Pattern w.r.t. Earth Conductivity

To: topband List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Monopole Elev Pattern w.r.t. Earth Conductivity
From: Gary and Kathleen Pearse <pearse@gci.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:16:32 -0800
My 160 aerial next season may be a top loaded vert that can be laid over from
the base. After fiddling with an "L" at 64N latitude, I'm curious about which
portion of the L is best as propagation and angles (?) vary. Our ionospheric
world is different.

We can hear the Aurora and it's effects...from quiet to loud background QRN as
conditions change during absorption events. It's audible on vertically firing
horizontal loops especially with an on-ground reflector. I'd like to see if
altering the vert's angle has any effect. It may not, but ???

73, Gary NL7Y