Re: Topband: dipole height

To: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: dipole height
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:13:19 -0700
ZR wrote:
> 15 and 60M and run comparisons for awhile. In areas where countries are
> tightly packed a dipole may be a good choice.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

I had full size 160M dipoles (not inverted vees) up at 9 meters and
18 meters for about six months and did a lot of A/B'ing of them.
On receive, there was never any difference in audible S/N ratio.
There was very little difference on transmit, neither one comparing
to a vertical.

Similar experiments on 80M with inverted vees indicated that they
really started to work above 30 meters high.  As we all know, it
is questionable to extrapolate from 80M to 160M.

Rick N6RK