Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

To: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:36:18 -0500
This post may get moderated, but I will try it anyway.

I question how many good operators would have the... [ahem] "courage".... to out the offenders. As I say this I am thinking of one particular individual whose operating standards are consistently deplorable. This was often the topic of discussion on the DX chat sites until the individual in question joined the room. To my knowledge no one has ever said one word to him about his operating. He was simply welcomed with open arms.

Honestly there is so much that goes on these days it makes me wonder if I really want to be a DXer any more. It is all too common to see remarks like this: "I thought I heard him send two letters of my call so I sent a report. I will check the online log and see if I'm there." By my standards and what my elmer taught me, that is not a QSO even if he is in the log. I certainly would not count it.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject of poor operating.

73,
Paul N1BUG