Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:28:51 -0800
On 11/13/2012 7:56 AM, Chortek, Robert L wrote:
Yes, sometimes it is accidental, and I have been guilty of calling when I
should be listening.

Of course, but not for six or seven TX/RX cycles! We should be calling ONLY when we can copy the DX station well enough to know what's going on. I drop my call once, usually at 30 wpm if prop is decent, pause a couple of beats to LISTEN, then repeat that cycle. Yes, I call repeatedly, but with pauses to LISTEN after every call.

Someone sent me an email noting that W3GH was repeatedly calling out of line, but "no one had the guts to tell him."

As to TX on the DX frequency -- that's a simple mistake, we've all done it.

73, Jim K9YC