Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:08:40 -0500 (EST)
Nice idea, but the majority of the really terrible stuff is done by guys
who don't sign their call....tuning up, or pretending to be the DX station,
or  some kind of intentional interference.  We've all done the wrong VFO
thing  and sent our call on the DX stations freq.  That is easily identified
but
 not the main problem.

As far as a bad guy list...what's to stop someone from sending yours or my
call over and over on the station, thereby getting us on the bad guy list.
 Maybe it is someone you or I supposedly POed in the past, or maybe the guy
is  just plain nuts and used our calls at random.

The problem in the 60s and 70s was mostly stupidity and traffic cops.   I
agree it's gotten much worse than that now.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 11/12/2012 4:00:59 P.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,