Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

To: "mstangelo@comcast.net" <mstangelo@comcast.net>, Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:51:37 +0000
<<<Mike N2MS wrote:  Good advice. Remember to contact the potential offender
off-list.

Agreed.

A few years back, someone sent me a nice email to let me know I had terrible
clicks. I immediately determined my amp had developed a problem, which was
promptly fixed.  I was most appreciative of the "heads up" and the way in which
he respectfully let me know.  A kind and helpful word is often enough.  That
same morning, another ham took a much different approach and sent a very
insulting comment.

I know this thread is mostly aimed at "intentional  misconduct" and to a lesser
degree those who simply don't know any better.   There also those situations of
a mental lapse (happens to all of us), or an odd equipment failure.  Whatever
the circumstance, let's strive to handle each situation in a way that is
befitting of the term "Gentlemen's Band"....

73,

Bob/AA6VB