Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:27:01 -0800
For illegal power, there is not much you can do unless, as you say, you are in the shack watching it. For bad operating you can diplomatically mention to the offender that your heard someone using their call and using very poor operating techniques (specifics supplied) and that you figured that they would want to know about it. This avoids the direct accusation by giving them the benefit of the doubt, but it does send the message that the observed behavior( regardless of the perpetrator) is totally unacceptable. I think any person with a conscience will eventually get the message that they need to clean up their act. For a person with no conscience, you can hope they find another hobby.

73, Mike W4EF............