Topband: "Outing the Scofflaws" - Getting Old

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "Outing the Scofflaws" - Getting Old
From: "Jerry Keller \(K3BZ\)" <k3bz@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:35:42 -0500
This topic is getting old.
Here's another point of view:
Why should I let myself get aggravated over the poor operating habits of
others?
Why should their bad behavior take up my valuable time to give them the
attention they want?
I can't be bothered writing complaints or naming names or "outing" anybody.
I have enough on my plate just to watch my own operating behavior.
I have enough to do to try my best to comply with some sort of standard (such
as the DX Code of Conduct http://dx-code.org ).
There will always be "jammers", "cops", "tuner-uppers", and those that call a
lot but listen little.... the only meaningful thing I can do about it is to
minimize my own mistakes.
Every serious DXer I know says ignoring them is the best policy.
DXing in general (and breaking pileups in particular) is a challenge and these
guys are part of it. Making the contact IN SPITE OF THEM just makes it that
much sweeter.

73, Jerry K3BZ