Topband: Fw: "Outing the Scofflaws" - Getting Old

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fw: "Outing the Scofflaws" - Getting Old
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:30:42 -0800
This is my opinion also. The prestige of 160 comes from its degree of difficulty. Poor propagation, Jammers, QRM, QRN, and bad locations are all part of what makes it difficult. We then work to over come and make the contact with technology and operating practices as best we can.

73
Bruce-K1FZ

There will always be "jammers", "cops", "tuner-uppers", and those that call a lot but listen little.... the only meaningful thing I can do about it is to minimize my own mistakes.
Every serious DXer I know says ignoring them is the best policy.
DXing in general (and breaking pileups in particular) is a challenge and these guys are part of it. Making the contact IN SPITE OF THEM just makes it that much sweeter.

73, Jerry K3BZ