Re: Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:55:26 -0800
Tom,

Thanks for all your contributions and comments. I searched the DXE web site and was unable to find the limiter you mentioned. Could you be more specific?

Also, a clarification about data on your web site re the RDF table in the "How low noise receiving antennas really work" page - I assume the "small 4 square" refers to a designs (yours) such as the DXE active 4 and 8 squares with whip antennas. Could you confirm that?

I'm considering 80/160 receiving antennas and have the space for three Beverages 0.75 to 1.0wl 160m long bidirectional (NE/SW, E/W, NW/SE) made from coax, QTH is Redmond, WA. Also, I'm considering the DXE 4 and 8 square active arrays with a radius of 0.15 wl (80') on 160m but can't get more than about 1/4 wl from a 160m vertically polarized delta loop. My 80m rotatable dipole is at 100' up and the tower base at least 100' from the nearest 8 square antenna, so hopefully that interaction is minimal.

Your inputs would be appreciated.

Grant Saviers KZ1W