Re: Topband: Inverted L SWR Jumps ???

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L SWR Jumps ???
From: Ashton Lee <Ashton.R.Lee@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:14:26 -0700
Ok, everyone thanks for all the help.

I rebuilt the antenna from new wire, built a two insulator termination at the
end of the horizontal section where the high voltage is, I rehung the new
antenna so that it doesn't touch anything… and the problem persisted. I then
looked into Tom W8JI's suggestion about a bad lightning arrestor, and indeed
that was the problem. I had blown the little cartridge in my Alpha Delta
lightning stopper.

I don't know why the issue only showed up on a single antenna of the many I
have fed through that device. But it did.

So Tom, thanks in particular.

I did leave the choke balun in place. Who knows if that makes a difference?

Everyone, please listen for the weak signal from Western Colorado this weekend.

KQ0C
Ash