Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage question

To: richard@karlquist.com, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage question
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:14:01 -0600
Rick,

Why don't you just mount them on permanent posts (or trees) 10' high?
That's what I and many others do. That ought to let you mow around them
without taking them down. My support posts are 100' apart.

Two 10' high 14 AWG wires spaced 12" would have an impedance of 710 ohms.
The impedance of both wires to ground would be 316 ohms. Consider that when
you are making your 3 matching transformers.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com