Topband: PT0S TB Summary

To: "aa7jv@atlanticbb.net" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: PT0S TB Summary
From: Niko Cimbur <ac6dd@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:26:27 -0800 (PST)
George and everyone,

Thank you for another great operation, and also for sticking with 160m.

Due to my nighttime work schedule the opportunity to work PT0S was very
limited. On my only day off when I could work you on 160 I discovered the
remote Vertical did not work.
The next day I found the connection to the tuner corroded away.
So I got a bit worried when I read the Nov 18 note on the PT0S news about
wasted time on 160 and concentrating on 40m.
As time was running out I finally decided to be late for work on Nov 21, and it
was a good decision.

I always have a multitude of unexpected troubles just going 160m portable in
the same County,
and can't even imagine how it would be on a rock in the middle of the Atlantic.

73,

Niko AC6DD