Re: Topband: ARRL 160 contest

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160 contest
From: jeremy maris <jeremy@maris.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 19:14:23 +0000
On 30 Nov 2012, at 18:54, Jim Brown wrote:

> On 11/30/2012 10:27 AM, Jim Bennett wrote:
>> but the "contest" does provide some opportunities for me
>
> But, in my experience, only in the early morning hours after EU is in
> daylight and those east coast stations who are still awake have started
> listening to the west. My best results to the east coast are usually during
> the 2-3 hours before their sunrise.  AA1K is often on from DE with a good
> signal and good ears. VT is tougher -- there are guys there, but they don't
> hear nearly as well. As for RI -- W1OP is loud but deaf. W1XX is not as loud,
> but hears well.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

Well as an EU station that consistently works ARRL 160 (though Stew and CQWW
160 are better) I do hope to work into the West Coast, so please someone listen
:) It's a good way to improve my 160m WAS -still need  the Dakotas and KH6  -
but happy to work anyone. I don't hold out much hope for the West Coast as we
also have to battle through the East Coast!!

 Jeremy G3XDK / G4AQG