Re: Topband: Spam:****, Re: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Spam:****, Re: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 17:54:26 -0400
Doung, So many times I just hear the prefix and the suffix drops out or is covered by noise. It maybe a mental thing as I have no other explanation where the prefix comes through time and time but the suffix is lost. Since I know what the correct suffix is, sending only the missing information make so much sense and saves valuable time. In such cases sending only the missing data is what I would recommend for stations struggling to get in the log as the prefix is already confirmed to both of the stations. So many times DX-peditions will not get my call correctly and butcher a portion of it...like "KV4Z ur 5NN" to which I immediately reply "FZ...FZ...FZ KV4FZ K" This procedure works every time especially layers deep in piles up.

Thanks for your remarks,

Herb, KV4FZ