Re: Topband: DX Window-Redux

To: top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Window-Redux
From: "Jim F." <j_fitton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:29:12 -0800 (PST)
Thanks Tim...Very well said !

This expresses my feelings about TB radio contesting.

"The challenges of competition can be stimulating and enjoyable.
But when beating the oponent takes precedence in the mind over
performing as well as possible, enjoyment tends to disappear.
Competition is enjoyable only when it is a means to perfect one's
skills: when it becomes an end in itself, it ceases to be fun."
Mihaly_Csikszentmihalyi

How else could a fairly sane QRPer look at life on Top Band ?

And my "Swish Swish" noise problem seems to appear and vanish
in sync with my neighbor's outside Christmas lights even though they
don't appear to blink on and off.

Merry Christmas Everybody !

jim / W1FMR