Re: Topband: Not so Boring report

To: "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>, <n2ic@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Not so Boring report
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 20:35:26 -0500
I used to work EU on 6-10M crossband in those days since very few had authorization. Ireland was one that did and quite a few were on.

My rig was a HB 6AG7, 6V6, 829B crystal controlled with PP 6L6 modulators into an ARRL HB 4 el yagi just above the 3el HB 10M which was above a HB 15M at about 20' high. 6BQ7, 6J6 converter to a 20M IF was also HB.

On 10M it was a Viking I, HQ-129X. I lived out on LI, NY back then, in Nassau County.

Fun days about 8 years before I met Stu Perry when I was at National and he convinced me to try 160 after Id moved to 8 acres in NH.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>