Re: Topband: Receiving loop worked great in Stew Perry

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Receiving loop worked great in Stew Perry
From: cris blak <cyo3fff@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 08:23:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello Rick,

I've tried also a K9AY such loop on the past SP contest and was a good
improvement over my INV-L. I never heard before CE1/K7CA and south american DX
stations. An A/B test were "all to nothing" for K9AY loop comparing with INV-L
for many times.
Due to local constraint, I'm using a single loop on E-W switchable
configuration. The F/B is about 15 to 25dB measured on MW BC band.
Despite it is mounted on the INV-L near field (about 25 meters away), the
mutual coupling does not damage too much the radiation pattern.

I suggest to everyone who does not try a receiving antenna on 160m to give it a
try. It will make a BIG difference.

73 de YO3FFF
Cristi

Here is a link to the NCJ article describing the loop:

http://www.n6rk.com/loopantennas/NCJ_loop_antenna_N6RK.pdf

Rick N6RK

Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge coming on December 29th.
Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge coming on December 29th.