Re: Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL

To: Frank Donovan <donovanf@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL
From: Robert McGwier <rwmcgwier@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 11:03:29 -0500
The issue is getting sufficient ground radials so that changing soil
conditions: dry season, wet season, etc have minimal impact on the
impedance which is the easiest measurement of the changing conditions.
 Joel and I did measurements several times and when he was near drought he
found he had to add radials to stabilize the performance.  Once done, his
system has been stable since.

Great news on both of you successfully deploying.

Bob
N4HY

--
Bob McGwier
Owner and Technical Director, Allied Communication, LLC