Re: Topband: Using GE silicone as antenna sealant.

To: <wa3mej@comcast.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Using GE silicone as antenna sealant.
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:36:33 -0400
I agree completely!!  RTV will outgas acetic acid for a VERY LONG TIME - almost
forever! You should try it in a high-vacuum chamber! Especially one that
includes an "ion pump" to achieve very high vacuums! RTV will "belch acetic
acid in copious quantities virtually forever.

Definitely need one of the newer gasless curing compounds that won't outgas
corrosive gases!  GOOD POINT!

Charlie, K4OTV