Topband: Shunt fed tower plus Marconi vertical phasing on 160 and 80?

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shunt fed tower plus Marconi vertical phasing on 160 and 80?
From: Paul Staupe <pstaupe@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:29:49 -0500
I have a 90' shunt fed stick of 45G that works well on Topband with about
20 quarter wave radials.

I just obtained another 90' of 45G with a BCB tower base insulator which
I'd like to put up at the proper distance for a phased array on both 160
and 80.

I'm assuming the 1/4 wave on 160 would be about 130' which would be a half
wave on 80 and that they would have to be fed via different networks.

Has anybody done this?  Does the shunt fed tower work in a phased array
situation, or would I be better off just using the insulated tower as a
Marconi single element vertical?

73,

Paul W0AD
All good topband ops know how to put up a beverage at night.
Topband Reflector