Topband: Don W6AM

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Don W6AM
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 16:33:11 -0400
While I was attending the infamous DX event at Visalia, CA a big convertible rolls into the parking lot a the Holiday Inn. I think it was a Buick or Cadillac, not sure. But I clearly remember the W6AM license plate and a very large whip on the back bumper. I sheepishly introduced myself to the Don and noticed a Vibroplex strapped down in the center counsel but I never had the courage to asked to peak in the trunk or see what the number of alternators on the fan belt. Even on 40 CW from the West Coast as W6AM/m Don was King. The only thing today we have close to that are the feats of another Don (KH6DX) who I understand accomplished a 160 meter DXCC from his car.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

Topband Reflector