Re: Topband: Anyone have a boat load of J-310s?

To: "'Andy Ikin'" <andrew.ikin@btopenworld.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Anyone have a boat load of J-310s?
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 17:29:18 -0400
Yes, we could swing the grids of those tubes quite a ways before
encountering enough non-linearity to produce a significant amount of
intermod, Andy!  The old original AMECO tunable vacuum -tube preamp, that I
borrowed from Bill, K4CIA, worked really well with my KAZ terminated RX loop
for the low bands. It was  connected to the receive antenna port on my
FT-1000MP, so I wasn't blowing FETs!

My electronic design career began before the end of the vacuum-tube era, and
I used the 6DJ8 commercially in some VHF monitor receivers, as a cascode RF
stage in the front-end.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV