Re: Topband: Snap and Seal plugs

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Snap and Seal plugs
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 14:04:08 -0500
I don't understand these F-connector O-ring seal placement positions at all.

On all of the plugs for RG-6 or F-6 I have ever had, if there was an o-ring
(and there should be if it's outdoors) it went INSIDE all the way past the
threads and seated against the non-rotating part of the connector that gets
crimped to the cable. When the connector is tightened, the o-ring inside is
compressed, forming a water-tight seal between the male and female
connectors. Water can get into the threads, but not into the area where
water must be kept out (such as the center connector).

I do have some F-11 snap-and-seal plugs with a different seal, but they are
not o-rings.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com
Topband Reflector