Re: Topband: The Stew Perry Warmup

To: "Bill Cromwell" <wrcromwell@gmail.com>, "James Rodenkirch" <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The Stew Perry Warmup
From: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 06:43:09 -0800
I will be in the Stew Pot warm-up from Alaska on the Kenai
Peninsula . Because of the start time it is one of the contests
that has a flurry of activity then nothing for hours as we get
daylight-ed. Not much to work in the daylight here.

Still this is a good hour for us to work UA0's which I can
almost see from here.*

Good 14 hours of fun and I wish we had more on for the warm
up. I didn't hear a signal in the summer Stew.  It also provides
a very good shakedown of the station for the WW next week.

Beverages are all up after a long summer of moose traffic. I use
a 142 foot vertical made out of Rohn 25 series fed insulated
base. on a cliff edge. I cleared out the Alders that grow about
3 feet a year from around the philly guys. Old 781 radios and
Alpha power so I'm ready.

73 Rich KL7RA

* Beeep  wrong,  Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live...
Topband Reflector